Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Graig Kreindler

Wow, you guys are all incredibly nice. Really.

DanC, Thank you!!

Jantz, thank you so much those kind words. I was just curious, what about the Cobb right now makes you want it the way it is? I've actually had one or two other people tell me the same thing, and that sometimes they really dig the 'unfinished' look of the paintings.

Whitehse, I don't think that we're going to be doing lithos or reproductions of the baseball stuff anytime soon, but it is possible that there will be a book or catalog available at some point. Or at least, I'm hoping so. Of course, when/if that stuff happens, I'll be sure to let you and board know. And thanks for the compliments, both from you and your wife!! I'm really glad that you guys dig the stuff.

NoizeBringer, did we get to talk at all during the National? Either way, I'm really pleased you liked the Matty painting. That one seemed to be received better than anything on our walls, which I guess can be a double-edged sword. Hopefully I can continue to make portraits that can illicit that kind of reaction!! Regarding the Negro Leagues stuff, I definitely have a lot of images in mind, including some of Satchel, Jackie, and of course, Gibson. The only problem that I run into with those is that there's so little available in terms of photo reference, and in a lot of cases, just general information, that I'm a little worried that I couldn't do the justice that those images (and men) deserve.

robedits, the compliment of 'haunting' is really friggin' awesome - thank you so much!

Howard, thanks for those awesome words, especially since you may not respond to art threads often!! I appreciate the exception . In regards to other work, there isn't much that's available on the web, as the majority of my older illustration work never made it into the digital world. I feel like right now, the only paintings in the studio are either baseball themed, or just older art school stuff (studies from life, plein air, etc.).

Again, thank you so much everybody!

Last edited by GKreindler; 02-13-2010 at 01:55 PM.