Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Graig Kreindler

Wow. I don't even know what to say!! Thank you everyone for all of those wonderful things you've said. I know I've said it before, but I'm just so pleased that y'all seem to dig what I'm doing so much. It really means a lot to me to create these things, and though it may sound a little cheesy, this stuff is really my life-force. It's on my mind 95% of my waking life (the other 5% being devoted to chicken strips and french fries), and it's just something that I feel like I need to do. Thank god I enjoy it so much!

Mark, I guess if you're willing to make the trek over to New York and rummage through the trash, I can't stop ya. I just hope that you're pleased with the stuff you're going to find!!

Chris, it's funny you mention that, as Dean (my agent) does want to film me painting something - and I'm sure he'll get to it eventually. The only problem is, I usually paint in my boxers and not much else, so I'd be worried about what my audience would be seeing in addition to the canvas. Was that too much information?

Jeremy, I can't believe you'd prefer my painting of the Stein!! I still feel like I'm not capturing what Burke so eloquently showed us in his photograph. What a master he was!!! But really, thank you.

David, I'm going to be thirty in a few months, so I don't know if I can still be considered young. Actually, the amount of gray hairs popping up on my head is seriously alarming. By the time I'm 50, I'm expecting to maybe be 1/100 the artist that Rockwell was. I couldn't wash that man's brushes!! And regarding a coffee table book, well, I can't divulge much here, but something may (or may not) be in the works!!

Jimmy, as per usual, you make me blush. I think the only reason I come off as being humble is because I'm so darn short - usually I'm too close to the ground for people to hear me. I'm proud to call you my brutha from anotha mutha.

Really, thanks guys...

Last edited by GKreindler; 02-12-2010 at 06:20 PM.