View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:11 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE....Reflections.....Guess the selling price of a COMPLETE SOVEREIGN set

* * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

These six T206's are samples of some of my nicer SOVEREIGN cards

I consider that a true complete SOVEREIGN set includes the Six Super Prints **......with the Sovereign 460 backs. Thus, my Sovereign set is actually complete with 408 cards.

During the Sovereign press runs, American Litho (ALC) introduced an intermediate series into the T206 set....the 350/460 series. ALC selected 6 subjects from the 350 series;
and, printed them with Sovereign 460 backs during the press runs of the Sovereign 460-only series.

FYI.... that the Sovereign 460 versions of these 6 subjects are considerably tougher to find relative to the regular 46 subjects in the 460-only series.

So guys, try guessing the selling price of this set with 402 cards......or, with 408 cards ?
Trust me, these 6 super-prints (with the Sovereign 460 back) go for "Big $$$$". Especially the red Cobb, which appears to be much tougher than the other 5 cards.

Shown here are these Six Super Prints with their SOVERIGN 350 backs and their SOVEREIGN 460 backs......

. . . .

** Note.. Scot Reader's excellent research revealed that these 6 subjects were printed in larger quantities, and with more Tobacco brands than any of the other subjects
in the T206 set. In his book titled "Inside T206", Scot identifies these 6 guys as the " Super-Prints ".

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 01-03-2021 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.