View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 04:30 PM

I apologize, my short term memory has taken a big hit due to the brain cancer. If I try to keep one thing in my memory, it works best. But... God is good, and I remembered 3 things on this!!!

This is actually my favorite "web event" every year. I was not able to participate this year because, frankly, I am having the memory problem I just mentioned. Had I simply written it on scratch paper or even sent myself an email, it would have been done. But even *not* doing it, seeing the pics of what you guys got gives me a big stinkin' smile!

And while my short-term memory needs a little growth, I can say that the gifts I DID receive before were wonderful, plus about 3 years ago (?), Derek sent me a present *in addition* because he rocks! He sent several items that he knew I specifically wanted, and I again give him HUGE thanks.

So, here are the three things I remembered from this post:

1) There was someone who got 3 Cubs cards but couldn't remember the set. Those are from the 1936 S & S Game. I love that one, still own a set, and think it absolutely offers the best deals of any pre-war issue

2) One of you said you did not receive your gift. Did you yet? If Sean can let me know anyone who did NOT get a gift, what was on their wish list, and their address, I would be happy to send what I can. See #3 as to why.

3) Sean, I first want to thank you so incredibly much for arranging this. Just the few pics posted this far again remind me how generous every person on this board is. I know the rules state a $25 value, but to me they ALL look far above that! You are a class act. If no one stepped up yet to take this on next year, I would love to. No way in the past, but as the doctors have said I cannot work again, if they are right, I can certainly do this. There is a chance my brain could get worse, or honestly that the cancer returns quickly and God takes me home soon, but I am not living life like either of those will happen. So I would just say make sure I can still do it around Nov. 1st or so and teach me then. Also, Sean, I know it was three months ago you (quietly) offered to help sell my cards, as nine months of living in hospitals still costs literally millions of dollars, even with insurance. If you still want to, let me know. I can't go into all the reasons why I still haven't started this, but I pray that God helps me to finally be able to sell in January. And referring to #2 above, if I can give something to make sure everyone has their gift, I would be happy to do this.

Mark

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Recent transactions with: Leon, LukeLyon, wilkiebaby11, KC Doughboy, robbessette, JollyElm, jimmivintage, benderbroeth, JManos, Haybag, Northviewcats, Sean1125, Clydepepper, hangman62, simas7173, pencil1974, Nappy1525, T206Collector, h2oya311, 25801wv, sycks22, tolstoi, sebie43, JasonD08, Brian Van Horn, bcbgcbrcb, Lordstan, Frankbmd, jasonc, markf31, mybuddyinc, kailes2872, mintacular, campyfan39, Cat, Jcfowler6, sam9795, chaddurbin, 39special, vtgmsc, jdl7860, 4815162342, 71buc, Lgarza99, etc.