View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone Know a Chet Woods?

Posted By: T206Collector

The morals and values of collectors and dealers are wide and diverse. There will always be a disagreement on how to handle certain situations. As a seller, I try to be as accommodating as possible -- you complain because the Tinker portrait I sold you has too much red ink in the background; I refund your money no questions asked. But you cannot expect all sellers to be as accommodating. And, frankly, I share the opinion of a number of posters on this thread -- most recently Jason L and Larry above -- that the buyer has to take some responsibility for purchasing the product. If you are bidding on PSA graded cards, that alone tells me that you are willing to take a risk that a collector of SGC graded cards is unwilling to take. I was burned on numerous occasions by PSA's lack-luster grading standards, so I stopped buying PSA graded cards unless I receive a discount to offset the risk I believe is taken with a PSA card purchase.

The point of my response is that not only do you refuse to take responsibility for the risks you took in this auction; but you then broadcast -- in a thread title, no less -- a reputable seller's name as being disreputable. Not only that, but your title did not disclose the fact that PSA graded a trimmed card -- which, again, is the most outrageous element of this entire transaction and, in my opinion, the only aspect of your deal that is worth sharing or, frankly, complaining about.