View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Jay Shelton

Default T206 Personal Milestone

Over the weekend, I acquired my 19th T206 card. Why would this be important? Because I've been collecting T206 cards since 1977 on-and-off (mostly off), and at one time, I had 18 in my collection, only to have to sell all but 4 for personal reasons. Now that I'm collecting again, I have surpassed my original number, and I must admit, this time it has been far more enjoyable for several reasons:

1. I've re-acquired a few of those I originally had at one time, mostly based upon how I liked the look of the card. Those include: Pattee, Murphy (horizontal), Murray, Weimer, Sweeney.
2. My collecting is more focused (I originally acquired the majority of the cards via the Card Collectors company and just took what they sent me)
3. Now I've got a few goals: acquire all the horizontal cards (I'm halfway there), pick up a Wiltse or two, and slowly get all the St. Louis, American League player cards, as it seems to be the easiest team (monetarily) to acquire. I've already got 5.

There you have it. No big "shakes" to the big T206 movers and shakers on the board, but fun nonetheless.