View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:01 AM

Default Need B18 Blanket advice - wrinkles! (IMAGES ADDED!) :-)

First, I'd like to say I'm new to this website, and impressed at the level of knowledge & expertise in this community!

I've just begun collecting B18s, and purchased the Chick Gandil that was on eBay about a week ago. I saw it had some discoloration & the edges were a little miscut, but I was happy to snag a Gandil for $29.00 since I have a limited budget.

However, the seller carelessly mailed the blanket loose in an envelope, with only a small piece of cardboard inside to "protect" it (I'm often shocked at how careless some ebay sellers are when packaging collectable items). En route, the blanket collapsed & "bunched" at the bottom of the envelope, resulting in many ugly wrinkles --- which have not come out after letting it sit for awhile. I even tried to carefully stretch & flatten the blanket with a couple small books. Didn't work much.

Does anyone have any advice? The seller has been snotty, but offered to refund my money if I send the blanket back at *my* cost. What would you do?

Also....My wife suggested I attempt to carefully "iron out" the wrinkles by covering the blanket with a white sheet & then ironing it on the lowest setting (so it wouldn't be hot enough to burn or anything). Has anyone ever attempted something like this?

Thanks in advance!

-Michael

Last edited by MjEj; 02-26-2012 at 12:12 PM.