View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 02:31 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I dunno, Al....I’m no spring chicken.
Well that is true! Nice funny little story on that note. I go down to this little antique store about 20 minutes from my new house. Became a little friendly with the owner of the place. A nice older southern gentleman about 77 years old. Sharp as a tack. You wont get anything by this guy. Man owns about 10 buildings all along this one road. In one of the buildings its like a seen out of American Pickers you walk in and its his own collection! Signs, gas pumps,toys, Glass, and all high end stuff! Man has no children was never married and really has no one to give it to. Another guy walks in and you can see his jaw just drop as the items are great! Sees a really nice sign and makes (Freddie) an offer. says no.. makes him another offer fairly high says no. Makes him one final offer Freddie says I really dont care if I sell it or not but I will pass. The guy starts to get a little angry and says to him(this is a true story) Man I offered you more than the sign was worth you know you cant take all this stuff with you, you know... Freddie turns to him and calmly says you know last time I checked I couldnt take the 500 dollars you offered with me also.... I turned around and laughed my ass off when I went out side!!!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 01-31-2018 at 02:35 PM.