View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

what my collecting friends and i think is happening with some sellers is that they put cards on ebay and then the cards don't garner high enough ending prices. they then wait until a case is filed and then simply make up excuses as to why they didn't ship the merchandise.10 days later the buyer gets a refund and the seller gets to put the card back up for sale. Power sellers with 40,000+ feedback can take a negative feedback comment once in awhile also , so they don't even sweat that anymore. Between this type of behavior and the shill bidding that is rampant, I'm surprised the price guides can reflect accurately how much some cards are even really worth.
Since the seller in my case has refused to respond to Ebay, but has emailed me with several excuses, I expect a refund in a few days and the card I won to be put back up for sale on ebay again. I will undoubtedly bid on it again though LOL, or have a friend bid on it if this seller decides to block me for some reason.
i realize a lot of guys make their living selling cards, but Ebay is starting to give me that sour taste in my mouth that i got back in the early and mid 90's. A few bad apples can ruin it it for some of us I guess