View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 11:41 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by painthistorian View Post
..someone that has a $10K card stolen and identifies a culprit by name, not only should file a police report but also needs to file an insurance claim through their homeowners or business insurance.

never understood why everyone feels their homeowners insurance covers all of these random things....insurance companies dont make money paying claims...if there is gray area, if you arent sure they will pay, then the answer is 99% they wont. I see it time to time people on the forum referencing homeowners insurance paying for a lost card/ card stolen etc..... I havent' heard one story ever where someone got their homeowner insurance to pay on something happening to their card outside the home.....plus even if the issue happened inside your house, there would be issues of proving value, deductible, limits you can claim and again, whether it would be even covered......people just throw it out too often, 'have your homeowners coverage pay' when you lose an item outside the home..or get injured on a someones bicycle or fun type ride outside the home, or drycleaner ruins your clothes etc......

For the 100s of times i hear someone say 'put in a claim with your homeowners' im guessing zero times there is ever a recovery (ive never heard anyone say they got one), yet we will keep hearing people say call your homeowners insurance...its almost up there with suing for libel on this forum...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-26-2018 at 11:45 AM.