View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Rob

^^^^^ two things, Mike:

1) Richie Hebner was a goofy looking dude, huh?

2) Fantastic research!!! I dug out my 12 Giants and can add just a little bit. ALL my pins, with the exception of Kingman, have easel backs. Kingman has that same imprint shown in one of your pics...looks like a circle with an upwards pointing arrow through it. I'd love to know what that mark is about. Kingman was a Giant from 1971-74, so I really couldn't say when his pin was produced (to support or refute your 1971=no easel theory). ALL my easel backs are white, tan, blue or green as you stated, except for Goodson's which is YELLOW. None of the easels are stamped with a price, but Henderson has $1.25 written on it in what appears to be vintage marker. Also, I'm sure you are correct in "your" years of issue...I only chose 1972-73 because those years work for EVERY Giant.

One particular ebay seller has been trying to sell 7 of these Giants forever at $19.99 each. Other than those pins, though, I rarely see these offered. McCovey was a very recent addition (previously unknown) and Rader took me years to find. The one ebay seller has a Rader and, of course, no one wants it (now). I also just noticed (for the first time), Garry Maddox' first name is misspelled "Gary" on his pin.

As far as "Brown and Bigelow PM-10s", maybe you can add to my education.... What does "PM" stand for, anyway? and doesn't "10" (in theory) refer to the black and white player portraits as opposed to some other "PM" issues with different number designations?

Again...great research! This stuff is way more interesting than a bunch of 19th century cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0677.jpg (75.6 KB, 619 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0028.jpg (75.9 KB, 619 views)