View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Banned

This is something else, brings it to the next level. WOW!

They need to find out who consigned it the first time around, who bought it, and who consigned it the second time around, and the relationships between these consignors, buyers and all of the people involved in this transaction from the auction house, the authenticators, everybody. It's time they got to the bottom of this because it's not just someone's "opinion" anymore", it's gone today, here tomorrow.

First red flag is how a Wagner signature could be so light ont he original consignment when all the other signatures are a bold 9 or 10, and the first day cover doesn't show signs of duress or sun fading. Then how all the signatures could be deemed a 10 just two years later without the same authenticators remembering such a remarkable item, especially with the Ty Cobb signed letter of provenance.

The first thing an authenticator would remember in my opinion is "I remember that", "didn't it have a faded Wagner signature though?" It was just 2 years prior.

And he had to issue a new cert for it since it was now James Spence-PSA, while the first time around it was just James Spence. So there can't be an excuse that it already had a coa, no need to look at it again and issue another one, just use the first cert.

It was PSA backing spence the second time around so when he said all of the signatures were now a 10, that fancy spectral comparator machine must have not been plugged in?

As I ask each time something eye opening like this shows up - Is THIS enough now to realize there is a serious problem here with these same recurring companies?

Last edited by travrosty; 01-23-2012 at 10:04 AM.