View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Default One idea, likely heavily flawed, for fixing some of the ills in our hobby

Posted By: E, Daniel

I know, I was kinda nervous getting up this morning to find out what I had written, and what was being said of it

The only thing I would counter is, that the 12 month 'grace' period is simply the time in which the collector could take advantage of the $5 reholder offer, as opposed to the full cost of re-holdering AND re-grading which would become the cost afterwards. A person's cards would not cease to exist after the 12 months, simply their existance in pop. reports. If you want the card to be reflected in the pops., then you would need to participate in the re-holdering.

And as for incentive for the guy with an E93 in an 8 holder........
I think his incentive comes from his card being altogether more valuable and rare after accurate counting and recording of all E93's holdered is achieved. Right now, an E93 collector probably thinks 2000 exist in the issue, but because of all the cracking of slabs and crossovers - the true total number extant might only be 700 or so including much smaller numbers at all grading tiers - increasing the rarity of the cards, and therefore their value...

I don't know, I apologize to Cat and all.
Just trying something new.

Daniel