View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladge34 View Post
Thank you lordstan. That was an extremely helpful post. I am in no means an expert on autographs and most of my collection comes from me actually getting there autographs. I bought this ball after doing hours of research that is available to the public about mickey mantle autographs. By the end I felt comfortable enough judging his tendencies such as one fluid pressure, and stop and starting points of his letters in his name. The ball came certified by jsa and was confirmed by uda before I bought it, one of the reasons I picked this ball, because I trusted their opinion. I spent 900 on this and wanted some opinions about the ball. Maybe someone knows more than me, Who knows... and what I said was not an opinion, the federal court made this clear to the public, it's not like I made this up myself. It's a fact, not opinion!
If you come on the board, you may want to consider opening your ears and closing you mouth on matters you clearly know very little about. You obviously are looking for and bought a very nice item, but you could learn quite a bit by reading through some of the hundreds of previous threads involving Mickey Mantle or Upper Deck authenticated. You are correct that you should always judge the item and not the paperwork. You said you came here looking for expert opinions, you have received many. Now would be a good time to just say thanks and move on. You will find many opinions on JSA and PSA/DNA, but they generally always get it right on guys like Mantle. Lastly, paying for PSA/DNA at this point is ridiculous as most people are willing to spend significantly more on Upper Deck authentication. Keep the paperwork with it and keep it out of direct light. Good luck in your collecting. Jason