View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 05:12 AM

Jeff,
Thanks for posting these & they are very cool!

I really like umpire lineup and dugout cards as well and have quite a few related to Nolan Ryan's HOF career in my personal collection.
I attached some photos of an original dugout card to Nolan's last career win #324 and both of the original umpire lineup cards to Nolan's 3,509 game where he passed Walter Johnson for the all-time strikeout lead in 1983.
The latter two lineup cards were purchased in 2017. For comparison purposes only, I paid less than $1,000 for these from a private collector.

Ironically I was at George Brett's 3,000th hit game as an Angels season ticket holder in 1992 when Brett got his 4th hit off the night off of Angels' pitcher Tim Fortugno for his 3,000th.
Shooting from the hip, IMHO I would estimate the value of these to be closer to $1,000-$1500 than the $7,986 number that you described for Rose's 3,000th hit dugout card and carbon copies of the umpire lineup cards.
One major difference to note is that Pete Rose is the all-time hit king (as Pete himself would tell you), whereas George Brett is another member of the 3,000th hit club.
Please understand that I do not say this to minimize the importance or value of your lineup cards in any way.

Congrats on your pickup.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 10-31-2017 at 04:26 AM.