View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

First of all, sorry for your loss Gary.
As someone who collected type cards for almost 2 decades, then selling almost everything and starting over, I can faithfully say it can still be fun. The only thing I am not going to do is be a completist with pre-war type cards as I did the first time. Now, I am doing a few sets and being a bit picky with them. At the same time I am still acquiring rare type cards and rare backs, some of which came back from my first collection. Collect what you enjoy, right? The collection wasn't sold because the cards/items weren't liked any longer. It was sold to pay for 4 expensive college educations for my daughter .
Now if I see a photo, or anything else I like, it might get grabbed too. Sometimes it's because I think the card (or item) is a good value for resale, then other times it's just because I like it and want it for my collection. It is enjoyable having no parameters and no focus, which is contrary to what most collectors do, but it's fun so who cares? And I greatly enjoy the hunt more than the ownership, again, not like most collectors. Here is a 2x collection card... Ya' just don't see these every day, or every year or barely every century
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pr308foxx2.jpg (76.4 KB, 215 views)