View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Default Need your help with a EBAY deal gone bad

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

I've done a few returns on ebay items and EVERYTIME I will make sure that I have some type of confirmation indicating that I sent the package. I used to send items back with delivery confirmation. Now I do what Brad does, I get a Post Office receipt that indicates the zip code destination of the package.

If the buyer can provide the Post Office receipt then I think you should abide by the agreement made. If no postal receipt (or other delivery confirmation) can be produced then it's up to you to decide what you want to do. If you feel that the person is honest and you want to be a good guy then you could send him $25 (about half the amount of the purchase price minus fees, etc), but (IMO) you'd be very generous for doing so.

Bottom line: As a seller it's always best to list your return policy. I figure if someone contacts me within a reasonable amount of time after the auction I would make a refund on non-graded items (provided I received the item or the buyer has some type of reasonable shipping confirmation).