View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 07:28 AM

Default RESCUING DOGS & CATS from georgia kill shelters--approved by leon

RESCUING DOGS AND CATS FROM GEORGIA KILL SHELTERS-APPROVED BY LEON

Hello and happy holidays to all Net54's and a big " thank you" to Leon who is allowing me to post this

Being retired for the past 2 years has given me lots of time to think what to do in the coming years. An animal lover with 2 dogs and 2 cats, I have come to realize that my calling is to save as many as I can from the kill shelters here in Atlanta . There are 100,000 euthanized each year in Atlanta and if I can save and find homes for some of these, it will make a difference in the lives of many families and of course , to the animals I save.

My goal is to acquire land in an outlying county, provide necessary shelter for the rescued animals, and find homes not just in the Atlanta area but in the non-kill states where people often adopt from the southern kill states. Never having done anything like this before, and feeling overwhelmed by the task ahead, I have contacted a similar organization in North Georgia and they have graciously offered to meet with me after the New Year and answer my 3 million questions as our interests and goals are similar.

While I realize that donations down the road will be necessary to continue, there are a few things I can think of that I need to do NOW in order to begin this venture. Anyone who is able to volunteer or know someone who can for the following is greatly appreciated.

1) Formation of a Ga. non profit 501c3 corporation

2) Website creation---

3) Business Plan--While I have many ideas and will be learning a lot more from my meeting next week, I have neither the experience ( nor the smarts!) in putting this in a presentable format. I imagine I would need a business plan to present down the road to potential big donors or to already existing organizations with whom one can work in getting the animals adopted.

If anyone is able to help, please contact me at forazzurri1@aol.com or my cell is 770-873-1181

Bill Latzko
Homeward Bound Adoption Center (probable name!!)