View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 10:48 AM

Ryan and Andrew--You did a fabulous job organizing this get-together and giving everyone the opportunity to see amazing and rare cards. It was eye-candy at the highest possible level! Andrew's video is outstanding as is the cause for which he advocated.

Your hospitality was immeasurable. When was the last card "show" anyone attended where there was food, and where the organizer came to every table and personally thanked everyone for attending? Not in my memory.

It was great to reconnect with really old friends like Scott Mosley and Ken Cohen, and to spend time with passionate collectors, and budding ephemera collectors (John--if you're reading this, send me your contact info.), as well put faces to names: Andy Cook, Jim Creamer, Howard Chasser to name just a few.

I have attended baseball meet-ups that have been great fun, but this was the single most enjoyable baseball card get-together where we could all view and enjoy one another's collections in a relaxed, congenial atmosphere. A rare opportunity.

To paraphrase Harry Kalas' assessment of Chase Utley: Ryan and Andrew, you are the Men!

Cheers,
Mike