View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 03:49 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Crap like that is never gonna realize much money.

Seriously, I don't think LA Dodgers collectors are big spenders. Am I wrong? I've listed what I thought was pretty good Dodgers stuff on ebay and gotten nearly zilch. Or, is it just the number of collectors...i.e. if you and Rick have it, there's no one left?
If there's one worse franchise of collectors, it's Angel Fans. Dodger Collectors look like Jeff Bezos, compared to those guys.

Outside of the guy who supposedly dropped $4 Million on a modern Mike Trout card, I don't think they even know there's a memorabilia market out there. Either that, or they're just too hungover to bid.

That said... the memorabilia market is still strong. Heritage either decided to focus primarily on Cards, or just didn't get a good crop of Memorabilia consignments this time around. Many segments of memorabilia are drying up fast, as opposed to mass-produced cards which are always in ample supply.

Last observation is that Heritage has increasingly absurd "pie in the sky" pre-auction estimates and reserves. So it makes perfect sense that many items would fall short. If Heritage consignors are determining their own reserves, they need a reality check.