View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 10:27 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
You will probably never know the photographer unless you find a perfect match for your photo in a publication. This was likely taken prior to a game when there were probably a dozen photographers on the field. Just looking at the photo you show it appears to be a period photograph. Nice pick up.
+1

I was hoping that the other photo that was posted on baseball-fever might give some clues as to the photographer (if it named the source, perhaps), but it looks like Bill has exceeded his Photobucket bandwidth and I can't figure out which one it was as all the posted photos are temporarily blanked out

Failing that, the quality makes me think it's more of a small print produced by a professional rather than your typical amateur snapshot. It would be reasonable to assume that an undated snapshot-type photo was produced soon after the event, but impossible to know for sure without any identifying date markings on the print. Also, unless you recognize the specific shot, it's pretty much impossible to know who the photographer was. Even if you find the photo in print, the photographer is often still not identified, or if the supplier is noted, it is often the issuing news agency that is noted rather than the actual photographer. Even knowing who took the similar shot posted above does not guarantee that the same photographer took yours, as your photographer could have been standing beside the other photographer (there were LOTS of cameras on the field for World Series games).

I wouldn't let any of that uncertainty scare you though, as it's still a beautiful photo of two HOFers in a candid, yet momentous occasion.