View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 10:11 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott L. View Post
Do the folks openly wishing for the demise of PSA & CLCT not own any PSA graded cards? Do they care that many people on this board could be materially affected by that outcome? Some of those people whom they would proabbly consider a friend.

Seems like a curious stance to me.
I knew this attitude was widespread, but this is the most clearly I have seen it articulated yet...

We may (and should) take some short-term financial hits, but purely for the betterment of the hobby on a long-term basis. Another TPG or two will undoubtedly emerge when PSA goes down. Or perhaps raw cards will make a comeback. I am hoping for the latter, as I personally feel TPGs corrupt the hobby and their grades do not do not accurately convey a card's true condition or aesthetic appeal.

If they could simply (and correctly) identify a card as altered or original, and let us decide the number grade for ourselves, then I might feel differently. But they cannot even detect obvious alterations at this point. So under this current system... What's the point of having it?