View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 03:40 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Default I guess I don't get it

I mean, Snowman seems like a nice enough guy. Probably a little too defensive of card doctors. Probably a little too defensive of PWCC. But aside from quibbling about those details, I'm not sure why the need to get after him in this fashion.

I will admit...

He's often excessively confident.

He doesn't hesitate to share his opinion.

He often speaks in what seems like hyperbole.

He sometimes doesn't fully explain his ideas, or what he means.

He holds himself out as an expert in all things.

He's a snob about centering.

But at the same time, that probably sounds like a lot of us. Certainly it sounds a lot like me, aside from the centering thing - that's never been all that important to me.

His assertion about gamblers was just that. And a lot of us disagree with him, and have shared why his assertion sure seems faulty. I suspect that he's probably right that many degenerate gamblers are easy to spot, even from a distance. But as many of you have rightly pointed out, not everyone fits the criteria, plus unless we're hanging out with them personally, we don't have much of a nexus for attempting to really conclude.

Personally, as a Giants fan full of schadenfreude for the hated ones, I would like nothing more than to see Ohtani suspended for life (with pay, of course).

But now that you've made those points, I'm not sure why there's a need to linger any longer over the dead horse, just to kick it a bit more.

It's just a matter of time before someone posts a video like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (48.9 KB, 69 views)

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel