Thread: Ridiculous
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 11:55 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
^^exactly what this gentleman said^^

In the last 25 years there are several cards that people said, this is the 52 Topps Mantle of modern cards. None of them turned out to be and I highly doubt this one will either. It is way too early in his career for that talk. Yes I do understand the hype to make $ but that is all it is, hype.

I truly don't understand WAR especially when Trout has a higher WAR than Pujols. In every offensive stat besides stolen bases Pujols had way better #'s in his early years.
WAR is comparative tool of other players in the game at the same time. If you compare Pujols Black Ink for his first 5 years compared to Trout's (Trout couldn't lead a league in his first year since he only played 40 games) you see that Trout has a 25 compared to Pujols' 18.
Even comparing SLG rank over the 5 years Trout ranked at an average of 3rd for the league, Pujols average rank was 4.6. So even though Pujols numbers are higher he wasn't the better player when compared to his counterparts (if you base it off these type of stats).