View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
I looked at the whole, but also the individual items. If you sold each small photo/postcard for $10 each, as an example, and the cabinet for $60, that would be $300 right there. The cabinet of an identified minor league team has to be worth more than $60, and there's a premium in that they belonged to one of the players.

The cabinet has got that damage, but, still, I wouldn't be surprised for it to sell for over $200 on its own. Identified minor League team cabinets are uncommon.

My original estimate was was just my calculated guess. I don't profess to be a pricing Svengali.
I wasn't criticizing you David. Minor league photos from the midwest are a bit of a specialty to me and I buy minor league cabinets like that....I usually pay in the $100 range. There just isn't much interest beyond local collectors unless there is someone who made an impact in the majors on the cabinet. Only the Pacific Coast League has a large enough collector base to see high dollars for minor league stuff like that in my experience.

Edited to add: I must have glossed over the part about there being postcards in the lot too...that takes things to a whole different level. Your high end estimate is probably correct. Minor league postcards from that era are highly sought after....moreso than regular snapshots and even cabinet photos.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 12-14-2009 at 11:25 AM.