View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevil89 View Post
He's not selling to collectors on this board. The buyers that take him up on his offers are either (A) collectors who have so much wealth that money is no object for cards priced under $10K or (B) those making a gift purchase for another who don't have the time to wait to maybe be the high bidder to win the item at auction. Either way, he's serving a specific segment of the market that is willing to pay more to have the item now.

I don't begrudge the seller. Perhaps he is a collector content to hold onto his cards until someone takes him up on his premium prices. If he has the financial resources to do so, then good for him. In fact, he is in some respects preferable to me to the true collector who purchases cards and then keeps them for decades without ever naming a price for which they can be purchased by others. If I want to buy the eBay seller's cards, at least I know what the price is, and I can take it or leave it. With the true collector, I don't even have the opportunity to buy his wares at any price.

Just another perspective...Happy New Year to All!
Or maybe he's just a good card-carrying capitalist. Isn't making the most profit the highest goal of capitalism?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...