View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Christ0pher C@ssidy

Personally, it doesn't bother me that sellers are asking high prices for their cards. They own them, so they have a right to ask anything they want for them. If enough dealers buy up the available inventory on the market, and refuse to sell except at high prices, there's going to be inflation. I see it going on already. Cards that could be had readily at eBay auction 2 - 4 years ago are becoming more difficult to find, except via BUY IT NOW. When you do find them on auction, the final bid prices are 25 - 40% higher than a few short years ago.

I think the demand for the vintage cards is rising, and in recognition of that, sellers are asking higher and higher prices. Also, if dealing cards is not the seller's primary source of income, the indivdual can wait indefinitely to get the asking price, even if that means allowing a few years to pass for the market to catch up to the inflated asking price level.

We shouldn't bemoan that we didn't buy up cards yesterday while the prices were low. Instead, we should get out there today and buy up the vintage cards that can be had now while they're still available. They'll only cost us more tomorrow.