View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 08:43 PM
P.hil €lli$

Again, a little Business 101...............

I used to work at a Liquor Store at night when I was starting my own business......people would come in all the time and say, "I can't believe the owner is getting $20 for a 30 pack of Miller Lite, he is getting $20 every time someone buys a 30 pack, and $15 for a bottle of Merlot, etc., etc."

Well that is just plain wrong. People forget that the owner has to pay for that 30 pack....it is not free. He has to pay for that bottle of wine. It is not free. He also has to pay for me to sell it to his customers (as a cashier), he has to pay rent, electicity, insurance, etc., etc. The owner is a close friend of mine and told me that he "might" make $1.00 after everything is paid for on that 30 pack of beer.............

I own my own business and people will say such dumb things as "can't you do better on that price? I mean you are going to make $15 on that item?"

No, I'm not going to make $15 on that item.......I first have to pay for it, then you have to pay for shipping (which is very expensive today), then pay for my rent, insurance, telephone, advertising, yellow pages, internet, office supplies, and time to customize it........and then maybe I make a buck or two........

Please try to understand what your small, local businesses are up against!

Last edited by pgellis; 12-30-2011 at 08:52 PM.