View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Default Opinions on a transaction issue

Posted By: Misunderestimated (BKH)

Kyle-
the unstated premise is that this card that never arrived was either a great bargain, a very rare specimen or both.... When you buy off ebay you have no meaningful recourse as long as you got your money back. I guess that you could have asked for some proof of mailing receipt that showed it was sent (an insurance form or delivery confirmation number). Seeing this documentation would not provide you with recourse, but it would lessen your suspicion that the seller simply backed out and told you the item was in USPS limbo.

Personally I was always quite fortunate with the USPS -- until the end of 2005. Since the later part of Nov. '05, I have had 2 checks I sent regular mail lost -- one arrived weeks later after I sent a replacement, the other never arrived. More significantly, a 1914 PSA CJ 3-Finger Brown I sent Priority/Insured never arrived. I got an empty box back from the USPS and now need to pursue them for the $ which I refunded to the buyer). My policy is that if (by some flue of the universe) the Brown card is ever returned to me I will offer it first to the buyer/ebay winner.