View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 03:47 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon512 View Post
yes, some of the time you can tell when the next bid will top but i don't believe in most instances you can, which makes it a high risk strategy unless you are willing to pay for the card or retract your bid. that's the reason i've focused on the message of eliminating serial bid retractors from participating in ebay auctions.
Logically it seems like the risk of this in a PWCC acution should be less than other eBay auctions, as Brett is going to collect payment whoever "wins" the item. If some guy is just listing an item himself and his buddy accidentally "wins" the item by bidding too high, they can just make believe the transaction never happened and re-list it. Or cancel the transaction on some fraudulent ground.

I once shiiled a Celine Dion meet and greet package at a live charity auction because my buddy who ran the event told me no way his friend was not going to win it. And it was for charity. And the winner was nearly a billionaire. But I still occasionally get a cold sweat thinking I had to pay $28,000 to meet her.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 10-15-2018 at 03:54 PM.