Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by .406 View Post
Thanks everyone for your kind welcomes and secret handshakes!
(...and new screen-savers Leon!)

I am really looking forward to Net54, I can feel the passion here already.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as passion or insanity, but the youngster in me decided to take a 'side trip' while visiting Southern California a few years back!

Running the bases was truly amazing!
Pat, I think running around the bases should be required anytime you have the chance to visit a field or ballpark that holds a special place in your heart. Hell, I'm not even a Red Sox fan per se, but if I had a chance to circle the bases at Fenway, even if one of Boston's finest were waiting at home plate with a pair of cuffs, it would be worth spending the night in the pokey for that memory! I'd skip over first base, just like Ted did after hitting the game winning home run at the '41 All Star Game in Detroit. I'd imagine I'd hit the home run at night, and that sparks were cascading down from the lights in the right field rafters, with the theme from The Natural playing in my head. Hell, I'd be looking in the seats for Kim Basinger upon completing my triumphant turn around the diamond, too. And if I don't think that's at all insane, I'm certainly not going to question your little side trip. Bravo, I say!

If the final scene of The Natural were on tv as I drew my last breath, I'd go out with a smile on my face.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 02-04-2015 at 09:06 PM.