View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Looks like you're right. I saw another one that sold for over 3k, and then that one that I posted...but looking at 3 past auctions in the last 4 years I see that they went for anywhere from 1200 - 1800, which is actually not too bad. Maybe back in my sights after all. LOL I don't know about you Scott, but I have noticed a recent trend in some "famous" tickets to have the lowest prices I've seen in a long time. I'm thinking that some of baseball's famous or infamous events are not as appreciated by the younger collectors. Either that or maybe the ticket prices are coming back to earth when not sold for several years.
Mike,
It actually depends...
As I stated recently in another thread, more collectors are focused on collecting tickets. On Facebook there is a ticket collector group of younger collectors that not only are very active, but they seem to pay crazy amounts for modern tickets.

FWIW, I still subscribe to the supply & demand dictate value theory when it comes to intrinsic collectibles. Some prices are down with the pandemic, but others seem to continue to ratchet up. As you know, I collect no-hitter tickets.
Overall, tickets to older scarcer no-hit tickets continue to absolutely escalate in value.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 05-24-2020 at 09:52 AM.