View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
When it comes to collecting, I probably only have 2 white whales left. One I probably don't want to spend what it would cost, and the other I had never seen before. Well, leave it to our own Scott Garner to remember a communication we had several months ago. When Scott found this in his own collection, he graciously allowed me to purchase it from him. So, may I present you a ticket from the Sept 9, 1969 game between the Cubs and the Mets. Tom Seaver won his 20th, but more importantly in baseball lore, this was the game that's better known as the black cat game. That famous cat strolled past Ron Santo in the on-deck circle and then across the Cubs dugout. Much like the Billy-Goat game many years previous, it was felt by many that this moment marked the end for the Cubs. Whether it did or didn't, it still a fun part of baseball history, and now I can finally go about finishing up my 1969 Cubs project. Thanks again to Scott, a true friend and great collector.
Hey Mike,
I'm glad your Black Cat game ticket arrived safely & definitely happy to help a great hobby friend find one of his personal "white whales". :