View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Thank you for all of the kind words, everybody! I meant to respond to all of you a few days ago, but things have been a sh!tstorm at home.

I've been able to pick away at Jose more and thought I'd share.

The background is really starting to come together, though there are still some spots that still need to be covered. Additionally there are a bunch of edges that could be softened as well.

I had mentioned in a previous post that the bat is going to be one of - if not the - focal point of the painting. As you can tell right now, it's not. Once the rest of the fans are in and where they need to be in terms of successfully sitting back in space, then I'll be plugging away to make sure that thing really comes forward. That'll happen not only with detail, edges and color, but also with some impasto. I just want to make sure the thing sticks out like a sore thumb.

A secondary point of interest is the hand that Jose threw the thing with, which I'm also making as crisp and clean as possible. I just think that those two pieces are the crux of what'll make this painting work.

Anywho, hope you're diggin' it thus far. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to chime in!

As always, thanks for reading.

Graig
Joey Bats is looking awesome, Graig!