View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 04:06 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

Here's another Jose update.

It's only a small section of the painting, as that was the main portion that I was working on today. I had mentioned in a previous post that it was important for me to have the background not only sit back - behind Bautista, of course - but also to have it seem like it's receding along the general slop of the grandstand. The way I've started going in that direction involves making the figures in that first row or two a bit tighter than everyone else that's above/behind them. They're by no means refined, but you can see a bit more nuance in them than the people higher up in the painting. So, in that regard, I think it's getting somewhere.

You might also notice that the areas that were wet in that last update are now dry and much more matte looking, which is what can happen with different mixtures. And again, that'll all be corrected once I can oil out the thing, be it with some glazes or a final varnish.

Anywho, hope y'all dig it, even if it's not necessarily as exciting as the stuff going on on Bautista himself. If anyone has any questions, feel free to chime in!!

Thanks for reading,

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 01-19-2017 at 06:11 PM.