View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 08:34 PM
Mike P.ap

Default .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbcstl View Post
Yes it was sold on eBay by PCB Comics and Sports.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37520051958...mis&media=COPY

I was the high bidder, and although this card looks really good in the scans, and the height looks good with the cut line at bottom visible, the width looks a bit skinny. What is truly concerning is I noticed a hallmark of the image of this card seems to be missing. It's on all the exhibits, and all the other w517s I can search out. It used to detract me from buying the card in the past because it looks like they are creased in the upper right hand corner, but that line seems to be inexplicably photoshopped out of this card. Can anyone else confirm I'm not crazy and some of these were issued with that airbrushed out?
I did express my concern to the seller and I received a slightly less than adequate response that I will post as a follow up.

Btw I was the winning bidder.

Thank you.

Photo added with 2 examples graded that show the spot that seems to be photoshopped out of the photo from the auction, or the card may just be not authentic at all. Is there anyone that is very familiar with this set and all its variations?
If I were you in this case I would immediately file an official return through Ebay.

You will be covered. This card is very suspect. The seller did not even show a back scan of the card. The extras he added in the lot is a joke.

Sorry you have to go through this.