View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 12:49 PM
Bo.b Per.ez

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
One word: scoring.

If you want to spend money on something else, but want to offset it with projected revenues, then the approach is to implement a change like this. The math wizards stick the proposed change in their black box and come up with a guesstimate about how much revenue it will raise.

Whether or not it actually will raise any revenue is less important than how it scores.

In general, this isn’t partisan. It’s just how Congress operates when it comes to revenue and spending bills.
Thanks Raulus for being one of the few here who take the time to understand and respond to the questions being asked. I'm very impressed that you are able to do this without telling me what I think, what my motives are or what "I'm really saying". Refreshing.

Sounds like smoke and mirrors. All the goverment nets is a few casual sellers on ebay and the primary offenders continue business as usual (unreported of course).

While some speak of this as the end all be all tax evasion solution...It will actually do very little of that.

Last edited by Stupe the Second Sacker; 04-10-2023 at 12:49 PM.