View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
That was in the back of my mind too. What was the card graded prior to being awarded a 10. I have become too much of a skeptic with extremely high graded cards, especially when the card is resubmitted and lands a 10. Really ? If you're a big player with the PSA registry, looks like PSA payed it forward to you. I'm curious what was seen in the card THIS time around that wasn't seen previously.
sorry for the late reply guys, been outta town and didn't have reliable internet /phone access. was kinda nice.

anyways, will be glad to answer all the questions in full so that there are no negative thoughts in how it was bumped...

a. nolan ryan is my guy. and really just stick to the basic topps run, however i have several basic topps sets.
b. i don't consider myself a "big player" at all. so i don't think they paid it forward at all and i certainly don't have a direct red phoned line to joe o.
c. most importantly, it wasn't a crack out at all. again, i stick to the basic topps sets and over the course of 5 years or so, i managed to buy 6 psa 9s and 1 sgc 98/10.

with all that being said, i figured the best strategy in attempting to bump was to simply send them all in under review and hope that one stood out from the rest and honestly and naturally one did. i personally think it's a brilliant strategy that i will be utilizing from here on out and don't mind sharing.

if ya see previous posts, i am a psa guy vs sgc, but in no way find them to be a perfect company. the brand is certainly better both in volume of subs and sales of comparable grades but they've also made some serious mistakes in the past in which they seem to be learning from but again, in no way am i advertising for them or stating all hail psa.

anyways, that's pretty much the story and happy to answer any other questions. i'm as open as a book.