View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

I'm guessing that we've got the majority of votes in now. Kind of fascinating to see how they line up.

Basically 3 big groupings here:

-Activities that almost everyone is okay with
-Activities that most people are okay with
-Activities that the vast preponderance of people are not okay with

Pantyhose falls into the category of activities that almost everyone is okay with, with only 9% reporting it as unethical.

Bending corners back, erasing pencil marks, and soaking cards to remove glue, dirt, or stains falls into the bucket of activities that most people are okay with, with around 20-33% reporting it as unethical.

And finally, most everyone seems to think that the rest are highly unethical, as they line up with 74-95% reporting it as unethical. The application of black marker to a 71T takes the cake with 95%+ reporting it as unethical.

Even more excitingly, right in the middle at 57%, almost half of us find no ethical conundrum with getting PSA to grade improved cards. Some of this could be driven by the fact that it probably depends on whether we're talking about submitting any of them, or all of them. For example, I'm guessing that some portion of respondents who find pantyhose acceptable are also fine with taking the card so hosed by panties and submitting it to PSA, and ergo declined to check the PSA box.

Of course, some of the responses to the bonus question could also be driven by basic antipathy towards PSA in general - anyone who buys slabs certified by a perfectly imperfect TPG deserves what they get, so caveat emptor and all that.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 03-22-2024 at 11:10 AM.