View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
The person in Lewiston, Ill is Roger Till. He has been on ebay and amazon forever.
He has truckloads of bad stuff. On ebay he is vintagecollections1. He has also been olebbstuff.
A few years ago i bought some signed Sport Magazines off him. They were close, but not good under closer inspection. He refunded my money. Around the same time, another member here, Mike R, bought several signed mags from him including Maris, off Amazon. They were rejected when he asked Richard Simon to check them out. He was able to get his money back as well.

If you see someone selling autographs out of Lewiston, Ill, run very far very fast.

I am not saying he is the person behind the t206s, but there are multiple threads about him in Sportscollectors.net being a bad seller..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Gee Mark, thanks for reminding me...LOL. Yeah, I'll plead guilty to getting a little caught up in trying to fill a hole in my collection. I bought 3 magazines from that guy. The photos on the site were a bit small and I had to magnify them to get an idea if I should buy them or not. As Mark said, they were close enough that it was worth buying them and sending them off...but they were not good. Cost me the authentication cost and shipping, but I got my original money back from the seller...and received a refresher course in something I already knew, which is don't let your excitement for finding something cloud your judgement. Now, if the seller is from Lewiston, I don't even bother looking.