View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Sean Brennan

yeah I dont understand the problem either? the "carl mays lets one loose" title has nothing to do with the beaning. it s the title for the middle picture just like the original t202s were. regarding putting the two players together being tasteless, how so? it happened. just like the black sox our the nolan ryan/robin ventura fight its a part of baseball history. pig headedly ignoring these things seems silly. comparing the card to the clemente crash is also rediculous as the crash itself had nothing to do with baseball. the beaning happened DURING a game and is every bit a part of the games history as any other famous play and I see no difference between doing a t202 style chapman/mays card and doing a merkle/evers card.
regarding the "great year to come line", chapman had a good year in 1919 so why not speculate that 1920 would have been even better?

oh and I am the one that wrote that card, other then the title itself which wasn't mine. I am also proud to say I wrote the other hassans. rest assured there wont be any clemente/fateful landing/airplane cards in the future but if I get to write a merkle/not touching second/ evers card ill be very happy to do so. I might even mention bonehead once or twice, space permitting.

Last edited by milkit1; 04-16-2012 at 10:21 AM.