View Single Post
Old 04-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Default t206 Plank reprint sold at $575

Posted By: jay behrens

Have to agree that being glued in the book wouldn't neccessarily cause the card to age, but as Scott pointed out, there should be an indentation from the card.

The single most incredible Golden Age comic book I ever saw was a Human Torch #2 that had been stored between teh pages of a Life magazine. The gentleman that brought it into my store brought both and you could seen the indendation from the comic on the nearby pages. Even though the Life mag was discloured and worn, the comic survived intact almost perfecetly with the whitest pages I'd had ever seen on a Golden Age comic (GA comics probably used the most acidic paper ever known to man), a perfectly centere, rust free staple and no apparent wear anywhere to be found on the comic.

Sadly, this gentleman was unwilling to part with comic for anything less than the value he saw listed in the price guide. I tried to explain to him about price guides and the actual value he could expect to get. He did reappear a few months later, still trying to play ignorant and turned my offer to take the comic on consignment. Still, it was quite a thrill to see a comic that old in such invredible condition.

Jay