View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Joe Drelich

Thank You for all of the support of the CSA show and for all of the feedback. I'll try to answer everything in one post.

I became involved with the show in January 2016 so this was my 2nd show with active involvement. There have been and will continue to be changes made to cater to the vintage card community, as that is my passion, I hope to continue to grow the show in many ways to make it even better than it already is.

Dealer Maps will be made available for all shows in the future, I will also work on trying to get each table marked if at all possible. But with a layout map and dealer list that should solve the problem.

Our website did crash on Friday, we did get it fixed, although it took roughly 6 hours.That may be the reason why Scott and Bob were not listed on the
dealer page. When it crashes sometimes the data gets scrambled and or lost.
We will be re designing our website in the near future to help improve
many aspects of things.

We did call door prizes for the Dealer Dollars although they were not
done on the hour as planned. I'm not sure why you did not hear a prize
called on Sunday between noon and 3pm but we called two names in that
time frame both at the same time.

Our free buffet breakfast for the dealers at Hooters, is something we have done for a few years. We did tell all the dealers upon check in and made an announcement on Saturday at 4:45 to remind the dealers. Some dealers
that packed up early may not have heard it.

True our table count was lower than it was in April, we anticipated that happening being that the National is on the East Coast this year, and is only 2 1/2 weeks after our show. In all fairness, I only look at numbers that are year over year, April 2015 vs April 2016, July 2015 vs. July 2016. It would not make sense for me to compare April 2016 to July 2016 from an analysis standpoint.

I can assure you our show is not at all on the decline, in fact it's just the opposite, we have been growing in numbers of tables per show when comparing year over year as has our attendance.With that being said
the floor space at show show is 30,000 square feet larger than it was
in 2015 and prior. That is why there may appear to be fewer tables
from a visual standpoint, our July show last year had 264 tables we were
above that this year although I do not have an exact number at this time,
but I believe it to be in the 285-290 range. In April of 2016 we had
over 300 tables.

I understand the $5 admission charge for Friday may have been a surprise to some we did post that change months ago, we also had 2 free autograph guests for paid admissions on Friday, we did still maintain 6 hours of free show time which was what it was when Friday was free from 2pm to 8pm It was just changed to the last 2 hours each day being free.

I will make a change for next show,it will still be FREE to get in for all Net 54 members , and you will be able to go to the will call line which will should be much shorter so you can get in to the show faster. We also had all 3 ticket windows open, so if it took a long time to get in, I guess that means there were a lot of people there, so that can't be bad !

I already have contracts for our October 14-16th show from vintage card dealers that are either new, missed our July show or have not been to the show in quite a few years.

Dan Mckee will be back in his regular spot next to Dave Schrader Bagger's Auctions.

Kevin Bronson, PA
Brian Dec, bdecsports.com,Florida
Bob Krawetz,The9thinning.net, St. Paul MN
Dave Czuba, Dave's Sports Collectibles, Duncansville,PA

Again, thank you for the support of the show and all of the feedback. Stop by and see me at The National I'll be set up under my company East Coast Sports Marketing booth 1704 right next to PWCC. I will have dealer contracts
for our October 14-16th CSA Chantilly show available.

Joe Drelich

www.csashows.com

www.start-collecting.com