View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Kyle, you are assuming you are home when a break-in occurs, you can get to your gun, you can use your gun successfully, and you are not going to get caught in a hostage situation or one in which you place your family in a cross-fire. I assume the opposite and plan for that scenario. If someone gets in under those circumstances, I would rather have them take whatever it is and get the hell out of the house as quickly and quietly as possible. That's why I keep the good stuff in the bank and buy insurance. Someone wants my 1981 Donruss set, don't trip on the way out...
Absolutely true that I might not be home when a break-in occurs. I am definitely planning on having a security system in place when I buy my house (hopefully this year). I also, however, plan on getting a couple VERY large Liberty safes - 1 for guns/ammo, and 1 for sports cards/valuables/important documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I see a few of these my safe weight too much to carry out threads. I hate to tell you guys this but they do not want the heavy safe. They want what is inside of it.

I have a life long friend that is a locksmith and I have watched him open every type of safe imaginable in a few minutes or less. Just like any job once you know how to do it, it is easy.
The thing is, if they can't get inside of it, they won't get anything. These newer LARGE safes, such as the Liberty safes (I swear by this brand), are designed to be pretty much fool-proof, with extra security measures added to their designs.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 01-04-2017 at 02:08 PM.