View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 03:18 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
I think its great to wear attire of a team's rival as long as that rival is playing. But if a Yankee fan wears a Yankees hat to Fenway when the Red Sox are playing the Orioles or something, it annoys me. And I'm a Yankees fan haha. If I go to Yankee Stadium and they are hosting the Red Sox/Orioles/Phillies/whoever, its great to see the other teams fans show up supporting their team. But it annoys me to see Red Sox attire at a Yankees/Rays game! haha. Just a peave, nothing hateful, but a peave

So back on topic, it seems they've approved the Astros to the AL West. Houston fans will have to stay up late watching those West Coast matchups. And also 10 of the 30 teams will now be in the playoffs. 5 AL teams and 5 NL teams. The two Wild Card teams, if I understand it right, will have a 3 game playoff to end up with 4 playoff teams. Personally, I don't like it. In a few years they'll raise it to a 5 game series then 7 game series. Its all for money. Like Yogi Berra replied when asked how much $ is enough ... "Just a little more!"
I still think adding the extra wild-card teams is ridiculous.

To put it in simple terms, "they're adding a F*ck*ng rat-tail to the MLB Playoffs."

Even with 3 game series', that still means that 3 teams will get a bye. All division winners, I'll assume. Which is even more ridiculous, considering the fact that many wild card teams(under the current system) finish with a better record than the worst division winner.. The whole thing is just a very poorly thought out concept, from top to bottom. What's next? Maybe they can do a loser's bracket, and make the whole thing double elimination? But it is at least a little better than a 1 game playoff.. This whole thing is turning into that scene from "Baseketball"

Dan Patrick: With the first nine months of the Baseketball postseason out of the way, the playoff picture is starting to emerge.
Kenny Mayne: So, with last night's victory over Boston, next week the Milwaukee Beers must beat Indianapolis in order to advance to Charlotte. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number to three.
Dan Patrick: Right, and then the Beers can advance to the National Eastern Division North to play Tampa.
Kenny Mayne: So, if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.