View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 08:22 AM
Steve Birmingham

Hopefully the Masto one wasn't from a sheet. In my mind cutting a sheet that would be far worse than trimming down a large card. Neither are acceptable, but cutting up even a partial sheet destroys a unique piece of history. (For older cards, if it's something like 83 Topps where the sheets could be bought at retail not so much)

I'd expect that a lot of Wagners were printed, and a decent number released before they were pulled. It's hard to know just how many since the packing log books only had dates for the start of packing, start of shipping and discontinued.
It's also a question of when they were pulled. After the print run had completely shipped? Then they'd all have been cut and sent to the packing plants where the labor of removing them would be up to the packing plant. When part of the overall run had shipped? Packing plant pulls some (Or ignores it until they're mostly used up - wouldn't be out of the question especially back then. Printing plant pulls some.

I can't help but imagine there's some survived printers waste out there that's tradecards or something on one side and a T206 on the other. The chances of anything like that surviving are very small.

I really liked the panhandlers signs. Pretty creative if they're for real.
Reminds me of one that "worked" near college. Asked for money one day when I was going into McDonalds. Claimed he hadn't eaten in three days. When I offered to buy lunch he declined! So I told him that if he just wanted booze money he should say so. A couple weeks later he asks again - "hey buddy, can you spare some change? I haven't..........recognition sets in "I need some money for booze" I gave him a couple dollars

Steve B