View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Jerry

Default Best thread I've seen yet on Net54!

What a great thread! Best I've seen on Net54 so far. I just spent much of this week going thru and looking at all the great Monster cards. I learned a lot. Some examples:

1) I saw many great looking cards with rich color that were lower grade. In fact ... most of my favorite cards were not graded :-)

2) Loved being able to see all the different backs that I read about but rarely see. Like the Old Mill Brown Back Sid Smith ... well I could go on. Just a great education on T-206 backs in this thread. But would like to see more!

3) The mis-cut cards lead me to a ton of questions ... like are there any know uncut T-206 sheets in existence; did the sheets have just one player on them e.g., I saw a few mis-cut top/bottom cards that lead me to believe that the same player was above and/or below ... ?

4) Some of the scans were high resolution and clearly brought out the backgrounds that the American Lithograph Company created that reminded me of some Conlon photo's of the period. Thus ... I guess many/most of the T-206's were based on original photo's by a handful of period photographers?

5) I made a list of my favorite card poses as I went thru the entire thread and noticed that many of my favorites were poses where the player was wearing a jersey/sweater with the team name logo prominent. Again ... reminiscent of many original Conlon photo's I've seen and enjoyed.

Bottomline ... a great thread and resource that I will continue to use as I educate myself on this historic "T" set. Thanks to everyone for sharing their time/photo's!