View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 09:52 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Yeah - there is what looks like a very small, light surface wrinkle at the top left - but I don't think it actually is - in looking at it over and over again. One of those things you have to hold in strong light and twist to see. Maybe some type of light stain that is mostly transparent?

The card has 6+ to 7 range corners, is centered decently, and is bright and new looking otherwise with bold color. Most of the other 4's and 5's I had been considering were more O/C than this one with worse corners. I paid way more than you should for a garden variety 3 - but this is clearly not a garden variety 3. The seller did tell me it was originally a 4 and he got burned on a resub - stands to reason given the new lighthouse holder, and how we all know they are getting tougher if anything on the details lately. Whatever - I really like the card despite the grade. And a true 6 would have been probably at least $200 more than what I paid for this.
John, get the purple sticker on that baby right away!

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here