View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 PM
JeR@Me

Default TPG's & Flips

Shaun - I have sent in a few flips to PSA and they do reduce or change the Pop report by simply taking the Cert #, and remove it once they have the flip in hand. I confirmed this by looking at the pop before and after I sent in the flip. (Contact C/S before sending) I am about to do the same with SGC. My thoughts on this are I would probably not bother returning flips on a 63 Rose, but a T210 Series 8, I think makes sense since there are less than 10 of each player graded by all TPG combined. Yes, dilution is what I am trying to avoid, b/c I own the cards behind the flips.

Frank - as mentioned, the Pop reports are just a guide, but do tell a story. Take the T210-8 Joe Jackson for example. You take the pop from SGC and PSA on the Joe's, and you surmize how many might be out there in raw form, and possibly a very few undiscovered and you can draw conclusion that there are probably less than 20 Joe's in existence. This would correlate to the T210-8's that I collect, b/c my guess is there would possilby be either less or about the same amount of the Nashville players I collect. This has proven to be accurate as most Joe's have been graded and sold or at least graded and kept and we have an accurate guide of what Joe's are worth. Essentially, I can get a real feel for how many examples may be out there in what I collect. Can a person do this for everything they collect. Probably not, but for scarce to rare stuff, it can be invaluable from a stand point of understanding just how rare the card may be...