View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 12:11 PM
C@rl P@rk

Default Thanks!

Bill, Kevin, David, Scott, Tom and Tom C (and anyone I've missed) - thanks a bunch. This is a really good start, and I appreciate the heads up on the card exhibit. I'm really looking forward to that. I haven't been up to the HoF since 2000 - I went with my parents for induction weekend the year Fisk got in (I think he is still giving his acceptance speech....that was, um, lengthy)...we booked too late and had to stay in a dumpy hotel in Cobleskill, NY. So have never really experienced that town and am really looking forward to it. Even if it won't be a major card acquisition trip. We'll see.

Tom "Big Train" - believe it or not, when my wife and I came into your wife's store last September (I was looking for old Fisk and Phillies stuff - you sold me a 1993 Phillies team yearbook), and we talked about Cooperstown, it inspired us to make plans to go up there in the spring, which we're doing this weekend. So you are largely responsible for our trip....small world! My wife loves your store and wears the necklace she bought from your wife all of the time.